Official Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR ENTRY IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Void where prohibited.
1. Eligibility: The Live a Little Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by La Capitol Federal Credit Union (“Sponsor”) and is open to any person who is at least eighteen (18) years of age and a legal resident of the State of Louisiana (and Louisiana only) at the time of entry. Employees of La Capitol, its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of the immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each) are not eligible. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook, Inc.
2. Prize: Only one (1) Grand Prize winner of the total $3,000. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Prize will be awarded in the form of a check from La Capitol Federal Credit Union in the amount of $3,000.00.
3. Entry: Participants may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the La Capitol Federal Credit Union contest page starting Friday, October 7, 2019, by submitting their first name, last name, email, phone number and at least one sentence on how they would use the $3,000.00. A Facebook account is not required to enter. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CST on Friday, November 8, 2019. Participants may gain an additional entry by doing any of the following triggered actions within the GLEAM platform; visit La Capitol Federal Credit Union on Facebook, share the contest via social media, view the La Cap video and/or visit the La Capitol Federal Credit Union page online. A computer designated by Sponsor will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection: Winner selection will be determined through a random drawing by the Sponsor, whose decisions on the drawing of the winner and on all other matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final. The winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) within 4 days as a condition to awarding the Prize (except where prohibited by law). Failure of a winning participant to return the Affidavit within 4 days of being notified, or disqualification of the participant for any reason, will result in forfeiture of the prize. Potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner may be disqualified. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will also be selected randomly, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced. Except where prohibited by law, in the Affidavit, the participant grants permission for the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority to use the participant’s name, photograph, voice and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media without territorial, time or other limitations, and without compensation. The winner will be notified via the email provided upon entry. All information submitted by winner is subject to verification. If the winner does not comply with the requirements for the Release, or is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or does not respond within 15 days, the potential winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from remaining eligible entries. The Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes associated with the Prize, regardless of whether the Prize is used, in whole or in part.
5. Prize Restrictions: The Prize is not transferable. No substitutions, except by Sponsor, in its discretion for a prize or discount of equal or greater value.
7. Privacy Statement: La Capitol Federal Credit Union respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting it. In our site or Sweepstakes, we may give you opportunities to provide your name, address, email and other relevant information that we use to provide you more information on our organization. We do not sell or trade information with others for use on their mailing lists.
8. Limitation of Liability: As a condition of entering, each entrant agrees to and confirms in the Affidavit to release the Sponsor, the Prize Provider and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, media partners and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all liability, loss or damages incurred with respect to the award, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Prize, and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, privacy or defamation. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials or for the change of any participant information. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any technical problems in connection with equipment malfunction or problems with receipt of an entry, or any other communications problems. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly select a winner for award of the Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
9. Arbitration/Choice of Law: Each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the Prize, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event shall attorney’s fees be a part of any award or judgment; and (c) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Louisiana, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Louisiana in East Baton Rouge Parish.
10. Rules Request and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules or the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: La Capitol Live a Little Sweepstakes Rules and Winner Requests, care of Brie Hodges at BBR Creative, 300 Rue Beauregard, Bldg. I, Lafayette, LA, 70508. Requests must be received by December 31, 2019.
11. Sponsor: La Capitol Federal Credit Union