What is a Credit Union, anyway?
The truth is, we’re a lot like a bank – with a few important differences.
Let’s break it down.
How we’re the same:
- We provide a safe place to store your money that is federally insured.
- We have a variety of services like credit, home financing, auto loans and more.
- We offer all the cool benefits of online and mobile banking.
How we’re different:
- As a nonprofit, we’re driven to help you succeed financially — without the excessive fees and high interest.
- We require a membership, but no worries–we also make it easy to join. This helps us keep fees small–and dividends big.
- Our members aren’t numbers. They’re company stakeholders who get a piece of the pie.
- (Mmm, pie.)
How we benefit you:
- Access better rates for all your financial needs.
- Enjoy dividends on monthly checking balances.
- Grow both your financial intelligence and wealth.
Frequently Asked Questions
While credit unions have a reputation for being exclusive financial clubs, La Capitol makes meeting the requirements easy. As long as you are either related to a La Capitol member or live, work, worship or attend school within our designated areas, you qualify. What’s more, even if you’re not in our area, you can join the Louisiana Association for Personal Financial Achievement (ACHIEVE) to become a member.
Apply now or visit your local La Capitol branch to open an account. That’s it!
Of course! Your membership extends to all immediate family members.
Nope, never. Once you qualify, you’re always part of the La Capitol family.